Subscribe Free News Letter

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Venturous Bikers Trip to Sultanpur Bird Santuary - 22/11/2008 - 3

Sometimes, a picture is really worth a thousand words. This trip took me back to my childhood. We all guys really behave like 10 yrs old kid. Running behind the anilmals & & &... everybody became crazy that time.

All this talk of birds, and the early arrival of the migratory birds to North India, prompted a visit to Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary. Compared to the usual national parks, it’s actually rather tiny. But it was a pleasure to walk for a few hours through the sanctuary, circling the lake and marshland, and not find a single piece of plastic wrapper. People don’t seem to picnic here, and that makes me insanely happy.
I don’t know too about birds. I can recognize some, and the others I can only gawk at. Which means I am constantly surprised by what I see. Some birds so tiny that you could fit three of them onto your palm. Some so graceful. And some a sheer riot of colours. The show offs and the timid ones. It still surprises me that barely half an hour away from here, is a small lake which plays host to so many species of birds.



We also spotted some cows. Unlike your standard Indian cows that graze without care when human beings are near by, even though we were at least 30 feet away from them. They all stared at us, almost like deer. They looked so tense, that I wished cattle could opt for a shiatsu massage